Happy Friday babes! I hope everyone is doing fabulous. Today on the blog we are featuring a woman from Los Angeles, CA. She is such an inspiration, and has one of the most rewarding careers. I think her story is so unique, and I’m pretty sure you will fall in love with her! If you love animals, and absolutely love your furry, little, pet, then this interview is especially for you. Grab a cup of your fave coffee, sit back, and enjoy your Friday read.
Introducing this week’s Friday Feature,
Current City: Marina Del Rey, California
Full-time job(s): Owner and veterinarian, Elite Veterinary Care
Hi Elyse! Welcome to The Boss Diary! Before we begin, tell us 3 words that best describe you.
Tell us what you do professionally.
I own and operate a mobile veterinary service in Los Angeles. I am a a staff veterinarian and veterinary surgeon at Center Sinai Animal Hospital.
Tell me about your most unique pet?
Kimbu is an F2 Savannah cat, a hybrid of wild and domestic parents. He was entrusted to me by the family of a deceased client. He is unbelievably athletic; he can leap to the ceiling in a single movement. He is very close in behavior to his wild Serval father. He walks around slowly exploring his environment on a harness and leash. He makes crazy sounds that are nothing like a domestic cat!
Everyone has a purpose, and it’s so refreshing to find women who are truly living their best life through their passions. How would you define your own purpose?
I serve animals and the people attached to them by relieving suffering and promoting physical and emotional wellness.
I think it’s so amazing that you travel to people’s homes and care for their pets. It must feel so rewarding. Can you tell us some of the ways in which you care for your pets?
Wellness care and vaccinations for puppies and kittens. In home hospice, quality of life counseling and euthanasia.
Who are some of your favorite inspirational women that you look up to?
Michelle Obama, Jane Goodall, Betty White.
Tell me one thing that most people may not know about you.
I travel to Africa with a group of female veterinarians. We provide funding and veterinary labor for wildlife conservation causes.
Before you go, what is one piece of advice you would give to women out there who want to start their own business?
BE the hardest-working woman you know! Keep your eye on your vision and recommit to it every morning. Take as many steps as you can to move forward toward that vision each day and don’t sweat the small inconveniences and roadblocks you encounter.
This or that:
- Cat or dog: cat
- Smile and laugh or be serious: smile and laugh!
- Indoors or outdoors: outdoors
- Active or chill: active
- Where is your next vacation? Africa, Botswana and Namibia.
- What is your favorite pastime? Lifting weights at Gold’s gym in Venice. I am a former national level competitive bodybuilder.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why? Elephant. They have an amazing group culture that I admire.
- If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why? Courtney Cox. I think she looks a little bit like me and has my energy.
- What are three things on your bucket list? Travel to Australia, New Zealand and South America to experience the wild animals. Design a home and have it built. Employ one or more of the women I have mentored as a veterinarian for Elite Veterinary Care.
Thank you so much Dr. Elyse for joining us today, and sharing your story in my diary! So much gratitude. Ladies – be sure to follow Dr. Elyse on social media and check out the amazing things she does for our beautiful animals. Thanks for reading babes, and I’ll see you right here next Friday!