Hi girl bosses – Happy New Year! I’m so glad you’re here and feeling ready and motivated to achieve all your goals this year. Welcome to a new chapter babe.
I wanted to share with you 5 tips that can help you get organized and accomplish your short and long-term goals. Some of you may not realize your potential, and can easily get overwhelmed and discouraged. But that is common with so many of us – myself included. That’s why I want to build a community for all of us to stay inspired and motivated! So let’s get right into it:
- First thing’s first: Be in the right mindset for setting your goals – You have to find yourself in the right state of mind before you sit down and analyze your goals and what you truly want for yourself. Allow yourself to connect with your intuition so that you can set your goals with more intention. Be clear about everything that you want. Have a clear mind and really allow yourself to open up with full honesty and clarity. Forget about what your neighbor is doing, let go of the comparison factor, and just focus on you and what YOU want.
- Simplify your goals – The more laser focused you can be on one specific goal, the better chance you’re going to have of actually achieving them. When you set ONE goal, then you can really focus on that specific one. I’d recommend setting one goal for each area of your life. For example: health goal – financial goal – career goal – relationship goal. It’s important that you set small, short-term goals so that you can do them in pieces. If you set too big a goal, like “I want to make 5,000 this month,” that’s great, but break it down as to HOW you will achieve that. What exactly will you do to make $5000? When will you do it? And How will you make that happen?
- Ensure that you know what your ‘WHY’ is – Knowing exactly Why you want to achieve a goal is going to be the fuel that pushes you to actually achieve it. For example, I want to reach a certain level of financial stability by the end of 2018. The reason I want to achieve this is so that I can sustain the lifestyle that I want for myself. I have bills to pay, family to visit overseas, and a home to start saving for. So that is my Why. Behind every goal is a Why!
- Write everything down in your planner – By now my frequent readers know that I am a HUGE advocate for writing things down. We are 68% more likely to accomplish our goals if we write them down. I have a planner and I also use Google Calendar. It’s nice to have things down on paper and to have your to-do list in digital form. Google calendar is great! You can color code your meetings and daily activities, and add people to your agenda by using their g-mail.
- Don’t just write down your goals, PUSH yourself to accomplish them – Too often we end up complacent and too comfortable to actually DO what we say we’ll do. Have you ever been guilty of this? – I most definitely have. Again – set small goals and work your way up to the bigger picture. We hesitate and fight ourselves all the time. You can’t just make a decision and have that decision sitting there without working towards it. Nothing good comes easy, as you all know.
I hope these tips help you – and I truly want you to kick ass this year! I am here to push and motivate you. You are exactly where you need to be right now, so appreciate the journey and be proud of yourself when you get there.
Thanks for reading girl boss, and see ya in the next one!